Draft Workpackage Team Five Workpackage Teaching and Learning in a Digital Age
Aileen Morris, Principal Teaching Fellow, Centre for Educational Research and Development
Exploring and embedding the use of OERs on PGCert/HE…and beyond.
PGCE students have the unique position of being both staff and students and thus have the potential for a dual perspective on embedding OER into their practice. This project will address the differences between virtual face to face teaching and learning and investigate how OER can support staff to establish interaction with online content, manage online collaboration and moderate online discussions. The team will explore the use of OER alongside participation in the Change Academy programme where they will seek ways to promote the use of OER as a whole institution strategy. Surfacing and supporting the appropriate digital literacies for both staff and students will be integral to this project as will raising awareness of inclusive practise with digital resources for teaching and learning.
To use and repurpose OER content appropriate for staff taking the PGCE and designed to support teaching and learning in virtual environments.
- A short online course to be made available free to staff through the Teacher Education Programme which develops staff confidence and competence with digital pedagogy.
- The course to be licensed as OER and made available across the sector
- Opportunities for dissemination via journal papers and conference presentations on embedding change via the adoption of open digital content.
- Scoping the existence of appropriate OER
- Exploring the reusing and repurposing of OER content
- Developing an online course and piloting it with existing PGCE students
- Keeping a project blog, sharing progress and inviting comments